Eilers Machine and Welding is a metal fabrication job shop that has been in business for 37 years. We are a family owned and operated business that services anyone from the US government to the AG community. We are searching for a qualified Engineer with previous manufacturing experience who can work alongside and train with our current engineer. Previous engineering experience is not necessarily a must, rather someone with a very good understanding of manufacturing as well as job shop experience. The engineer will be responsible for dissecting contracts as they are awarded to assure all of the customer requirements are met and that the best possible sequence of steps is laid out to produce parts in a manner that is efficient and of good quality. The engineer will be responsible to move jobs through the engineering department as quickly as possible. The responsibilities outlined below can be trained to the right person with work ethic, but experience in the following areas will reflect in the wages offered.
This is not to be considered a complete list of responsibilities and other appropriate duties may be assigned.
- Let the purchaser know what he needs to buy as soon as possible in the process
- Work with estimator/s to follow through on the estimates that were used to bid the contract in order that more cost isn’t added to the job than was allowed for in the bid
- Understand the requirements of the contract and to work to our procedures for contract review
- Use software programs designed to draw out parts
- Deal with DCMA and other branches of DOD and present parts for GMIP and Source inspection with success
- Put together router/work order for job in best possible manner
- Put together the steps for rework work orders
- Work with Quality Assurance Department to meet the needs of the shop
- Ability to read customer drawings as well as understand and follow applicable military standards and specifications to make sure the operations are being performed correctly
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to effectively relate to varied knowledge levels
- Experience with an ERP system
- Experience with a job Shop/Previous Manufacturing experience
Compensation will be determined based on level experience. Someone with little to no experience will receive less and someone with ample experience will receive closer to $30 per hour range. Wages depend on experience. Wages will be increased at the rate the employee is able to pick up the skill. Eilers Machine and Welding prides themselves on being a job shop. No single contract is the same. Job Type: Full-time. Monday – Friday 7:00 – 5:30 Pay: $20.00 – $30.00 per hour Benefits: Health Insurance, Health Savings Account, 401k plan with a 50% match, Vacation, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, along with many other in house perks. COVID-19 considerations:
The Engineers will be given their own space where they are 6 ft from another co-worker. All desks are separated by brand new cubicle walls with a beautiful frosted glass to not only give you privacy but also protect you from any harmful germs. If you feel as though you have the experience and determination it would take to become an Engineer at this scale, Please apply today!